Tuesday 24 November 2015

Reflecting on 2015 and Setting Goals for 2016

Hi,



Although I may be a little early I wanted to do more of a personal blog post today on a round up of my year and the coming year ahead. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone and I wanted to write some things down, mostly just for myself but I thought you might be interested too. I also want to write my goals somewhere so I can come back to them next year and remind myself of them.

2015 
I feel as though this year has been and end of an era for me. At the beginning of this year I was still at uni and still had a job in retail. I was enjoying life and making the most of every moment I had left at uni. As this was my third year I graduated this year, it was the first time I felt like I have felt proud of something I have achieved. I had spent a lot of time studying in the library and those six weeks or so spent in the library were some of the worst but at least I got to spend it with some of my closest friends. 

Now that I have come back to live at home, life feels a lot different. I feel like I have lost my independence of being an adult and have reverted to a child again, with having my food cooked for me, having to tell my parents where I am going all with the added bonus of having to pay them rent. Not! I also feel so far away from all my closest of friends now that we are all scattered around the country. We aren't just a walk down the road from each other and it takes months of planning to organise anythig. 

2016

So looking back on the last year, I want to set myself some goals so that I have some direction with my life and don't carry on feeling how I do now: 
  1. Pass my driving test
  2. Save enough money to move out
  3. Get a new job in the career that I want 
  4. Continue to blog as many posts as I can a week
  5. Make time to see friends
  6. Make and stick to a proper fitness routine 
  7. Try to read books more
Have you got any goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments. 

See you tomorrow! 

Jess
x

2 comments:

  1. These are great goals. I moved out last year so my aim now is to actually save money but I really struggle because I live in a city centre so it's so expensive. Good luck with your driving test!!

    Hannah xx

    http://thatthoughtfulgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete