Saturday 12 December 2015

The Top Acid Toners

Although I have had a blog for a while I have not posted any skincare posts yet. I am very passionate about skincare since I started reading Caroline Hirons blog (who I am sure you all know) and who has gotten me on to using acid toners. I try to use a different acid toner in the morning and the evening but I don't use them everyday as I don't want my skin to be completely stripped. I thought I write about some of my favourites: 

1. First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads - these are my favourites as they are so easy to use, each pad is pre-soaked so you don't have to worry about pouring on to a cotton wool and you know there will be enough on there. These are also not stripping at all and are nice on gentle on the skin I like to use these in the mornings. 

2. Clearasil Daily Clear Superfruits Refreshing Pads - these are extremely budget friendly and I don't think everyone would realise that they are acid toners. I find these quite strong and so would not usually use them in consecutive days. 

3. Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion - this contains salicyclic acid so is good for people who have acne as it won't make it any worse or aggravate it. This as it suggests in the name is mild and was one that I liked to use in the evening as it feels a bit more moisturising on the skin. 

4. Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner - this is my absolute favourite and think always will be, I like to have it always in stock in my skincare stash. It's lovely to use just a couple of times a week just as a treat for my skin. 

My advice (well from Caroline) is to have two or three acid toners, and use the lighter one for the days and a strong one for night. I have also done a bit of research into what each of the acids done so I'll add that below for you. 

Lactic Acid - good for dry and dehydrated skin, resurfacing
Glycolic Acid - good for collagen stimulation, resurfacing
Malic Acid - good for collagen boosting, resurfacing 
Salicylic Acid - good for acne prone skin
PHAs - good for hydrating and deep penetration of products afterwards 

See you on Monday!

Jess




2 comments:

  1. I have the Clean & Clear toner and it's done wonders for my skin!

    Lovely post.



    Emma Louise xx
    www.owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is my fave one for when I don't have much money :) xx

      Delete