Tuesday 5 January 2016

No More Naps

Now I know this may sound strange, but many of us tend to take a cheeky nap during the day. Not only does this waste a part of the day when you could have been doing something productive it is also less likely to make you go to sleep at night time too. 

Before I start with my tips for staying awake, I have to say that I am not an expert in sleep, these are just some things that have been helpful for me. 

Eat a light lunch.



I find that if I am eating a heavy lunch such as chips, I am much more likely to feel sleepy in the afternoon, than if I have something light like a soup to eat. 

Go outside. 



If you don't go outside very often, it can affect your body clock as you are not getting enough sunlight and this will make your body think that it is night time. 

Open a window. 


If it hot and stuffy your more likely to want to close your eyes and just have a little nap. If you open the window and let some fresh air in your not going to want to nap as badly. 

Get into a routine. 



Its much easier for your body if you get into a routine and stick to that routine, then it knows what to expect. So make sure you try to get to bed early. 

And if all else fails. 


Did you enjoy these sort of posts? It is something a bit different for me but hope you enjoyed anyway. 

See you tomorrow. 

Jess
x

2 comments:

  1. What made me laugh is that you said you're no expert in sleep. Hahaha I would like to think I am, I could do it all day and I've had lots of experience! Fab tips though! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah well I suppose I could sleep all day so that sense I am an expert. Thank you xx

      Delete