Monday 8 February 2016

Review: Lush Mask of Magnaminty Self Preserving

So after reading many different reviews about the Mask of Magnaminty by Lush I decided to buy it as some people have rave reviews about it clearing up there acne and this is definitely what I need right now. Although I have tried some skincare from Lush before I don't think I have tried any of their masks. Anway...here is my review: 


This product is a face and body mask, although I have yet to try it as a body mask (but probably should, who wants bacne) as I find it hard to apply it myself to my back without getting it everywhere. I also bought the self-preserving formula as I didn't know if I would be able to use a fresh mask in the time that it says you have to use it within. I think I am right in saying that you have to keep the fresh ones in the fridge but knowing me I would almost certainly forgot I have it. I purchased the 125g version which is £5.75 but there is also a 315g which is £9.95 but I only wanted to buy the small one just in case I didn't like it or didn't get on with it. This is also a product that is suitable for vegans. 



Now on to the actual product, the first thing you'll notice when you open this up is the overwhelming scent of mint, I know this may seem obvious from the name, but I am actually not a big fan of mint flavoured things, but I will let it slide if I really like a product. 

Now on to the ingredients, I am actually extremely fussy with which ingredients I will put on my skin, even with Lush products. I have one too many bad experiences to not afford to look at the ingredients. My main ingredient that I tend to avoid is perfumes, I have had some horrible outbreaks from them. And although this product does contain perfume it is the second to last ingredient and so is not very concentrated. The last one I tried it was in the top five ingredients. 

The top ingredient is honey which is antiseptic, next is kaolin which is a type of clay deeply cleanses and draws out any impurities. And the third ingredient is Bentonite Gel which deeply cleanses and gently tones the skin. 

I have used this mask a couple of times now on my face. All I do is cleanse my skin, dry it with towel and then apply the mask. Leave it for five to ten minutes (or if you are me the length of a YouTube video) and then wash it off with a flannel. 

When you are applying this to the skin you will notice that there are little exfoliating beads inside of it which are evening primrose seeds and aduki beans which helps to exfoliate the skin whilst you are taking it off. I applied quite a thin layer to my skin as I did not want to try it out too much. Just to warn you too, this mask is a little messy. 



One thing I found that with taking the mask off is that it actually left my skin rather red, although it felt great. I think as I usually use an acid toner instead of a manual exfoliator my skin is not used to the abrasiveness of it. It did however bring some of spots to a head which is a good thing. I will have to see if with repetitive use whether it gets rid of them completely like some people claim it does or just keeps bringing spots up. 

All in all, I have not made my mind up on this yet, I am going to carry on using it and will have to get back to you on whether my skin has improved or not. 

See you soon. 

Jess
x


No comments:

Post a Comment