Saturday 1 October 2016

Current Skincare Essentials

When it comes to skincare it a routine that I love and I religiously follow. I have combination skin with my t-zone being quite oily whilst the rest of my face is normal. I do suffer from hormonal acne and when I haven't washed my brushes for a while. (ew!) Since I struggle with my skin, quite a lot I try and keep my routine the same. So I, double cleanse, acid exfoliate (if I need to), toner, eye cream, serum, moisturiser and a face mask of some sort. At the moment I tend to change up my cleansers, exfoliator, toner, eye cream and serum, depending on what my skin needs. So I thought I would talk you through my essentials: micellar water, moisturiser and face mask. 


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Micellar water is one of the best products for getting all of your make up off in one easy sweep. It is just so easy and fuss free and can be done in nearly every situation that you find yourself to be in where you need to take off your makeup. The difference is that I find the Garnier one really does work and doesn't really have a scent to it which is good for my sensitive skin. It is nice and gentle and leaves my face feeling nice and fresh afterwards. 


Origins Out of Trouble Mask 

I love face masks, they are so relaxing and do wonders to your skin. It include Zinc Oxide and Sulphur for absorbing all that oil, Camphor to calm the skin and Salicylic Acid, which we all know is good for defeating spots. I leave this on for ten minutes (or more if I get carried away watching YouTube videos) and then wash off with warm water and a flannel. This leaves my skin feeling so soft and calms all the redness that I had on my skin. 


Olay 3 Point Super Age Defying Cream

This is a lovely lightweight cream, which quickly absorbs into the skin leaving it feeling nice and moisturised. Perfect for when you are in a rush in the mornings. This does not leave me feeling greasy, in fact it gives me the perfect base for me to apply my make up straight on to, no need for primer then.


La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra 

This has been a favourite of mine for years now. And I am currently using it as my night cream, although I do use it as my day cream sometimes too. It is quite light in consistency and although this isn't the usual sort of consistency I still feel like it moisturises my skin well enough for a night time moisturiser. It also makes for a good base for make-up if you are wanting to use it during the day. It has also been proven to make your skin less sensitive, which I am always for. 


Have you tried any of these products? I would love to know your thoughts on them. Don't forget you can also find me on Instagram and Twitter.

See you soon.
Jess

5 comments:

  1. I love micellar water by garnier. It is very similar to the bioderma one and it is not too expensive. However I just got the new micellar water by Loreal from Superdrug, I think thez had a deal on it so I couldnt resist. It is pretty good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I will have to try it if it is on offer and good. Thanks for the recommendation x

      Delete
  2. I wanna try the micellar water! I've tried some Superdrug ones x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the micellar water at the minute too! You have such a lovely blog here too, keep up your amazing work pretty lady! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete