Wednesday 18 November 2015

Autumn Eye Wardrobe

Hi,

I'm not going to lie, eye shadow is my favourite thing to experiment with and although my go to is usually a take on a goldie brown smoky eye. There is something about autumn that just makes me want to try different shades. So here is a round up of some of my faves.





The Balm Nude'tude Palette  - usually £30 

This is one of my favourite palettes as it has a bit of everything in it - it has shades that you can wear during the day and the night and also has that berry shade that can make any eye look look autumnal. It also has two golden shades which can make any smoky eye look beautiful. There is nothing too scary in this palette, but whatever look you choose will create a beautiful look. Of course, being from the balm the shadows are beautifully pigmented and are of a buttery texture. 


I bought this palette around this time last year and it was my favourite palette to use over the autumn/winter period. The bottom tow colours make the looks perfectly autumnal and the layout of the palette makes it easy to create a look that is  beautiful with hardly ever effort. I don't think it needs to be said but these shadows are beautifully pigmented and I have no other shadows that match in quality, definitely worth the expensive price tag.

Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude Grey - £3.99

Now on the complete other end of the scale is a palette from collection, I have to be honest when I looked at the palettes in Boots, they all pretty much looked the same but I still went for the grey toned one for more of a cool toned look in the autumn. Again having a few shades makes it easy to create an amazing look and the quality of these shadows is good baring in mind the price you are paying, you can't go wrong with this.

Laura Mercier Longwear Eye Pencil in Violet - £18

Now I do wear eye liner all year round, but I find that having the violet colour for some reason makes a normal eye look a little bit more edgy, autumnal and that you've really put an effort into your makeup for that day, when really, you haven't (when you wake up fifteen minutes before you're meant to leave the house). Although it's not so bold that people are like what is that you've got on, cos no one wants that.

I'm sorry that this is not the most in depth review as I didn't want it to be super duper long but if you would like any more in depth reviews of any of the products, comment down below and I will do that for you. 

See you tomorrow,

Jess
x

10 comments:

  1. So glad you've started posting now! You've got such a variety of high end palettes and there's me who only owns drugstore ones haha!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Ahaha I don't have that many this is nearly it for my high end beauty products

      Delete
  2. I've seen that palette from the Balm all over recently and it looks lovely!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TheBalm Nude Tude palette for this time of year! -xo

    www.chloedanielle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope I can get a few more palettes from them soon :D

      Delete
  4. One day I'll own that beautiful Charlotte tilbury eye palette!

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could ask for it for Christmas????

      Delete
    2. I've asked for way too much this year already x

      Delete
    3. Or sometimes they have 10% off after christmas maybe then???

      Delete